Comments on the Obama Site
Comments Associated with Ease of Finding Information Rating:
- They aren't making it too easy to find tax impacts for my household
- I found the tax info, but didn't find exactly what it would mean for me,
personally. I couldn't narrow it down - it wasn't that detailed. I also realized
that, given that it's the day before the election, the site's performing pretty
- I liked the tax cut calculator, although I didn't like the answer!
- they are so concerned with voting places today, that they are blocking me
from finding out actual information
- I couldn't find an overtly waving photo. Thumbs up was close enough
- Other than having to go through lots of photos to find the waving hand,
it was very easy to find the information.
- site was hard to navigate at first. too much information. especially on
the home page.
Comments Associated with Visual Appeal Rating:
- too much white space for me. too many unnecessary graphics.
- Nicely designed; menu navigation intuitive to find information; like the
perspective around issues, people and states.
- again a little too much
Responses to Open-ended Question about Challenging
or Frustrating Aspects of the Site
- Just clarity on his plan for taxes. A lot about families and married couples,
but not about single people.
- Tool for finding where to vote kicks you out another site, which was confusing.
It also didn't have my voting place.
- nothing about the site. although finding a picture of the guy waving was
- Some links brought you to a different url and it was hard to get back to
the main site - I had to use my back button, needed a Return to Main Site
- Did not recognize that the input fields for finding my voting place were
input fields, at first.
- getting out of issue pages
- navigating back from finding a voting location
- When you enter the vote for change module of the site, it is impossible
to link back to the original Obama site.
- yes, on locating where I vote, it didn't offer a location
- At one point, I left the site to voteforchange.com and didn't realize I
was on a different site - had to click back button to get back to obama site
- Only digging through lots of photos; other than that, fairly easy.
Responses to Open-ended Question about Effective
or Intuitive Aspects of the Site
- navigational structure.
- In general, site is simple and straightforward
- the dropdown navigation. definite plusses there. very well categorized,
I think. I could tell right away what I was looking for and clicking on.
- Loved the issues and learn about the presidential nominees sections.
- Tax cut calculator
- Tab Classifications
- The tabs with the categories were good. Easy to find what I needed by this
- overall the entire site was well done
- drop across menus of the tabs
- Categories (Learn, Issues, Media, ...) were very clear
- clear headings, fast to enter, issues are clearly found and laid out.
- yes the area labeled issues was a nice heading to group all the agendas,
the calculator was engaging, and the media shots were interesting
- visually appealing - getting to issues was easy.
- navigation; nice color scheme; although lots of information, very clean
- the ones where the site you were looking for was obvious
- Navigation was intutive/easy