Comments on the McCain Site
Comments Associated with Ease of Finding Information Rating:
- It involved a lot of hunting and pecking. I did like the tax comparison
widget. I found it by mistake.
- Other than the candidate waving, the other information I was looking for
I either never found reference to at all (Social Security), or I found referenced
to (taxes) but didn't find the specific information I was looking for.
- The site was slow, did not function well, and the information architecture
made it difficult to guess where certain topics would be added.
- Surprisingly difficult. Simple questions that need simple answers...that
are seemingly unavailable!
- After the first question, to which I answered did not find the answer I
actually found a place which supposedly tells me where my voting location
is - however when I clicked on the link the map came up blank!
- Info is divided up into categories that don't always make sense or give
you the candidate's position on specific issues
- The pull-down menus were terrible-- they scrolled off the bottom of the
page and I couldn't get to all of them. And I hated hearing the same video
clip (in the economy area) auto-playing over and over.
- Map never loaded for polling place.
- The where to vote feature was very easy to find - but it didn't work
Comments Associated with Visual Appeal Rating:
- It's appealing but I didn't feel like it nailed McCain. It was very slow.
- As a big marketing site, it is relatively appealing. In some cases good
use of RIA type behaviors. Disappointing content.
- Nice big pictures for each useless category
- Much too busy
Responses to Open-ended Question about Challenging
or Frustrating Aspects of the Site
- It was very slow and there were too many visuals on the issues page. His
stance was buried under the artifice and I shouldn't have to dig for it.
- The opening video got in the way. I was unable to stop it and the first
question I was asked to answer resulted in a technical error message.
- navigation menus that did not work
- wasn't sure where to find some things; took a while to figure out pictures;
vote now wouldn't work
- Navigation appeared straightforward; however, items I thought would be at
the 2nd level just weren't there. It was difficult to find answers.
- not a lot of info on actual positons in accessible places
- Nav bar (pull-down menus); auto-play video clips; the gallery of photos;
finding where to vote didn't work
- the extremely long menu at the top, too many selections that are too vague
- The response time on some of the pages was slow. I would abandon the site
it this were for real. Some pages took nearly 20 seconds to display.
- Having to give my name, address, & email to find a location to vote
Responses to Open-ended Question about Effective
or Intuitive Aspects of the Site
- The tax comparison widget was cool.
- The navigation labeling and behavior was clear and easily learned. I could
quickly ascertain that what I was looking for wasn't there.
- liked the videos
- drop downs
- Liked the nice big clickable pictures for each issue category
- Not really
- the bricklet to sign up to volunteer (on the right hand side)
- "Decision Center" compares the two candidates' positions side